Our well-established Construction team has extensive experience in advising employers, main contractors, and sub-contractors across a broad range of construction disputes.
Our clients span the whole construction sector, including employers, main/sub-contractors, and construction professionals (such as architects). We are experienced acting in and advising on a multitude of construction disputes arising out of the full spectrum of construction contracts, as well as bespoke written (or oral) agreements. We are adept at handling disputes that range from ‘smash-and-grab’/Final Account adjudications to advising clients in respect of delay claims as well as the heavily contentious area of termination.
We assess each client’s goal and devise a practical, workable strategy that is best suited to achieving the desired result, whether achieved by way of negotiations, mediation, adjudication, or, where appropriate, issuing proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court.
Recent cases include:
- Defending an offshore-based employer in multi-million-pound adjudication proceedings brought against it by the main contractor for works carried out to a residential property in Mayfair, London. Working alongside specialist counsel, we successfully defended the claim in its entirety.
- Representing a contractor in concurrent adjudication proceedings: one, a Final Account adjudication regarding works carried out at commercial property in a prime location in Central London pursuant to the terms of a bespoke written contract; and the second, a smash-and-grab adjudication pertaining to works to premises in South West London in accordance with the terms of an oral contract.
- Successfully defending a main contractor in adjudication proceedings brought against it by a sub-contractor, relating to works being carried out to a large residential development in Eastbourne, East Sussex. The Referring Party was seeking payment of over £150,000, which included arguments pertaining to the validity of a Pay Less Notice.
- Acting in mediation on behalf of a construction logistics company in a payment dispute against one of the UK’s largest privately-owned main contractors, pertaining to the provision of labour to various construction projects across the UK.
- Acting on behalf of two high net-worth individuals in a breach of contract/misrepresentation claim against a large UK developer worth in excess of £1 million, pertaining to defective works carried out at a high-specification residential development in Bath.
"I was very satisfied with your prompt, attentive and extremely helpful guidance."
"I had an excellent experience and will gladly recommend the firm to others and instruct again in the future."
"A poised and rational presence in the most difficult of situations."
"I was provided with an excellent service. Extremely satisfied and will have no hesitation in using her services again."
"Uncompromising thoroughness’ ‘painstaking and accurate’, ‘pleasant to deal with."
- Freehold and leasehold sales and purchases
- Property refinancing
- Transfer of equity
- High net worth sales/purchases
- Auction sales/purchases
- Complex flat schemes and leasehold transactions