- 020 7613 7136
AREAS OF SPECIALISM
- Wills, Trusts and Probate
- Lasting Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection
- Contentious Trusts and Probate
Chris specialises in advising clients and families on tax and succession planning including those with an international aspect. He also advises personal representations on estate administration and regularly deals with multi-million estates and those with assets held internationally.
Chris is experienced in drafting trusts and advising on the taxation of trusts and regularly advises trustees on a range of matters. He advises individuals and trustees on capital gains tax issues.
Chris also advises on contentious probate matters including issues around the validity of wills and testamentary capacity.
Chris is a recommended lawyer in the Legal 500 for Personal Tax, Probate, and Trusts and is a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, the international professional body for advisers specialising in inheritance and succession planning.
- Dealing with the administration of an estate comprising a significant residential buy to let investment portfolio valued in excess of £15 million as well assets held internationally.
- Advising a client on a HMRC COP9 investigation into alleged tax fraud in excess of £1 million encompassing investigations on both the capital gains and inheritance tax dealings.
- Acting on an estate including trading businesses and multiple commercial premises and obtaining an urgent limited Grant of Probate to allow the businesses to continue operating. The estate was valued in excess of £5million.
- Advising the members of a family LLP on the setting up of a discretionary trust and a hold over relief claim for capital gains tax.