- 020 7467 5762
AREAS OF SPECIALISM
- Commercial Property
- Corporate Occupiers
- Hotels and Leisure
"Simon Lawrence is a master of his craft."
"Simon Lawrence is one of the first names you call."
Simon advises individuals taking new business premises to major landlords on their investment portfolios. Much of his work is for overseas clients and he has expertise in dealing with multiple jurisdictions. He has particular expertise in the hotel and leisure sector acting for a large restaurant chain and dealing with its many outlets.
Simon is based at the firm's West End office and brings over a wealth of experience in a wide range of property matters.
Described in the Legal 500 as having a 'sizeable hotels practice', as 'a good man to have on your side; experienced and reliable', and 'having decades of experience in the industry he brings gravitas to matters' he deals with all aspects of the sale and purchase of commercial property with a special emphasis on commercial investments.
- Simon recently completed the refinance of 32 mixed commercial and residential units held in an offshore company with a value of £70m.
- Simon regularly deals with hotel acquisitions more recently up to a value of £50m.
- Simon has acted on numerous lettings with rents in excess of £200,000pa.
- Simon also acts for developers in acquiring land and putting together sites involving numerous parcels of land. He also advised on planning agreements with the local authority.
- Acting for a freehold owner with respect to the grant of a ten year lease (Rent £320,000.00) with five year review and completion subject to major works in building.
- £13.5 million sale of nine apartments for an offshore company to a company incorporated in Guernsey.
- Acting in the acquisition of a £28.8 million London Hotel in a transaction which involved a company acquisition, multiple jurisdictions and a simultaneous leaseback.
- Acting for a company based in Qatar in the purchase of a Guernsey based company to effect the transfer of freehold land of the value of £11,000,000.00 (Eleven Million Pounds).
- Acting for a company based in Qatar in the purchase of a company based in the BVI and its subsidiaries to effect the Purchase of a Hotel, with the assistance of Islamic finance, of the value of £10,000,000.00 (Ten Million Pounds).
- Acting for a seller in the sale of a £5,350,000.00 property in Marble Arch which involved a 4 way contract race which completed within two weeks of instruction.
- Acting in the refinancing of three offshore companies, involving the Isle of Man and Gibraltar for the value of £11,000,000.00 (Eleven Million Pounds).
- Acting in the refinancing of an offshore company incorporated in the Isle of Man in respect of its property portfolio comprising of 10 investment properties to the value of £10,500,000.00.
- Acting for a Gibraltar company in the sale of a mansion block in Chelsea at a price of £7,100,000.00.
- Acting for a Bahamas based company in the sale of freehold property subject to planning permission to include a put option in the event of planning permission not being granted.
- Acting for an offshore company in the refinance of its property portfolio of 12 commercial properties to the value of £10,500,000.00.
- Acting for a high net worth investor in the exchange and completion on an investment property in on Edgware Road London W1 in five working days at a price of £2,500,000.00.
‘Simon Lawrence is equally as dedicated when dealing with simple matters like commercial lease renewals as he is with multimillion-pound transactions. His experience adds value.’
'Simon Lawerence is experienced and provides a quick turnaround. David Burns is flexible to clients’ needs. Rudi Ramdarshan provides both knowledge and availability.’
‘Simon Lawrence is approachable and a pleasure to work with. We have no hesitation in putting matters forward to him and can rest assured that our best interests will always be kept at the forefront in all transactions.’
'Few lawyers have as much experience of the hotel and leisure sector than Simon Lawrence. If you have a large hotel transaction Simon Lawrence is one of the first names you call.’
''The best man working for you. Simon Lawrence is very good at his job.'
‘Calm, knowledgeable and impressively speedy’ as well as ‘highly sought after for his expertise in development and hotels’.
'They have a great deal of experience which means that transactions move with speed. They have some of the best people in the industry, including Simon Lawrence, Sarah Hung and John O’Callaghan.’
'Simon Lawrence is a master of his craft. Simon has the experience and expertise to get deals completed. His knowledge of the finance industry is second to none. It is no surprise to me that he had developed a reputation as a go-to man in the industry.’