- 01392 715 310
AREAS OF SPECIALISM
- Commercial Litigation
- Lease Extensions & Enfranchisement
"Benjamin Frost has an astute attention to detail and works hard to provide us with the best possible outcome."
"I wholeheartedly recommend Ben Frost, for his high professional standards, patience and tenacity throughout a process of lease extension."
Ben Frost is a Partner and accredited Mediator in the firm’s commercial and property litigation team. The Legal 500 has recognised the team as being “technically brilliant. I feel that I have the full force of the team when they act for me. Very few firms bring such a collaborative approach, where you feel that they are an extension of your own team. They understand that I need to make commercial decisions, and they have that at the forefront of everything they do”. Ben has also been individually recognised by The Legal 500 as a Recommended Lawyer.
Ben has experience in a wide variety of disputes including work in the Supreme Court, the Court of Appeal, the High Court, emergency High Court injunctions, Property Tribunals, and County Court.
Ben’s specialisms in property litigation include dealing with commercial and residential lease extensions, leasehold enfranchisement, landlord and tenant disputes, possession proceedings, boundary disputes, adverse possession, forfeiture, and construction adjudication.
In commercial litigation, Ben specifically deals with debt recovery/insolvency in relation to winding-up petitions and bankruptcy petitions. He also deals more widely with company/partnership disputes, contract disputes, misrepresentation, and unfair prejudice petitions.
In his role as mediator, Ben can be instructed to attempt to settle disputes at a confidential mediation which has the benefit of saving time, costs, emotional distress, and reputation. This is an emerging alternative dispute resolution method and should be considered at the earliest stage possible in any dispute.
Outside of work, Ben is a keen sportsman, taking part in football and running. Ben has run the London marathon for charity in the past.
- Acted for the Respondent in an injunction application for delivery up of fixtures and chattels, following the winding up of a group company. successfully reversed the Judge’s decision prior to it being released. Reported -URT Group Ltd -v- Dowers  EWHC 3195 (Ch)
- Acting for an Asset Manager to secure possession of a commercial premises from an occupier alleging occupation under a Lease protected under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954. Successfully obtaining possession, an injunction for life and costs using principles of Javad v Aqil  1 All ER 243
- Completing a right of first refusal claim on behalf of circa 85 leaseholders in Liverpool
- Completing a statutory residential lease extension for a premium value of £585,000.
- Obtaining a vesting order and completing a statutory residential lease extension for a tenant where there was an absent landlord.
- Acting for the Claimant leaseholder in a claim for breach of quiet enjoyment/derogation from grant when the freeholder erected scaffolding directly outside the premises on a licensed area. Using the principles of Timothy Taylor Limited -v- Mayfair House Corp & Ors  EWHC] 1075 (Ch).
- Defending a claim of circa £500,000 in relation to homebuilder’s NHBC indemnity.
- Acting in relation to a multimillion-pound shareholder dispute following the sale of a company. Successfully seeking permission to amend case and defending application for strike out. Reported – Markus Pedriks -v- Serge Grimaux  EWHC 2165 (QB)
- Successfully acted for the Respondent in defence of a claim for an injunction and unfair prejudice petition relating to 45% of the company shares.
- Successfully making an injunction application to prevent the advertisement of a winding-up petition.
- Acting in a multi-jurisdiction case regarding an alleged outstanding debt of circa $4,000,000USD involving freezing injunctions.
“Extremely professional, excellent service provided. You are great, I will always recommend.”
“It has been a pleasure working with you. Thank you for your immediate responses even during out-of-office hours.”
“I wholeheartedly recommend Ben Frost, for his high professional standards, patience and tenacity throughout a process of lease extension. His continued support, and regular updates were well appreciated; Ben made sure he stays on top of matters, and led the way to a successful transaction.”
“having had previous experience of a bad solicitor you really appreciate it when you find an outstanding one let alone two. Both Kate Farkins and Ben Frost are certainly in that outstanding category – knowledgeable, prompt and an absolute delight to deal with, highly recommend.”