Disciplinary complaints and ensuing disciplinary proceedings might be brought at any time by a professional’s regulator. This can happen as a student or trainee before you are even qualified through charges of misbehaviour or examination malpractice and thus cut short a promising career. It might happen after years of devotion to your chosen profession.
Your reputation and professional future may be at stake and it is vital that you receive expert legal advice at an early stage if any issues arise. The fitness to practice lawyers at Ronald Fletcher Baker can guide you through what can otherwise be a difficult and sometimes daunting episode in your life. Experience shows the earlier you engage the assistance of a suitably qualified lawyer, the less likely it is that an allegation will progress to a formal hearing. Should your case proceed beyond the investigation and screening stage, effective representation at any subsequent interim suspension or full disciplinary hearing is plainly indispensable.
With offices in Old Street, Baker Street in the West End of London, and in Manchester the Professional Discipline team at Ronald Fletcher Baker, led by Jonathan Roberts, are on hand to offer expert assistance. Jonathan Roberts is able to draw on over 20 years of experience in litigation in his Professional Discipline work. This tactical edge has seen Jonathan successfully defend many individuals before tribunals.
Examples of organisations which the firm has had considerable experience of include:
- the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC),
- the General Osteopathic Council (GOsC),
- the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT),
- the Market Research Society (MRS),
- the Police Federation of England and Wales and a number of Police Constabularies.
- the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA),
- the Chartered Institute of Accountants of England and Wales Disciplinary Committee (ICAEW).
Other regulators with which they have had successful engagement are:
- General Chiropractic Council (GCC)
- General Dental Council (GDC)
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- General Teaching Council for England (GTC)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- General Optical Council (GOC)
The department works closely with our litigation and employment lawyers. This conjunction of expertise provides for a comprehensive body of knowledge to protect and advance the interests of those who have become the subject of disciplinary proceedings. Should you have any queries please contact our offices and ask to speak Jonathan Roberts.