Simon Lawrence is a 25 year qualified Commercial Property solicitor and a 2019 Legal 500 Recommended Lawyer.
Described in the Legal 500 2017 as ‘calm, knowledgeable and impressively speedy’ he deals with all aspects of the sale and purchase of commercial property with a special emphasis on commercial investments. Simon’s consistency was yet again acknowledged by The Legal 500 in 2019 which states Simon ‘always provides exceptional service'.
Simon acts for a wide variety of landlords and tenants on commercial lettings and has in the past acted in the commercial acquisition of premises valued at £40 million pounds, multi property finance for £75 million pounds, as well as a number of purchases of around £20 million pounds
His recent transactions include:
- Acting for a freehold owner with respect to the grant of a ten year lease (Rent £320,000.00) with five year review and completion subject to major works in building.
- £13.5 million sale of nine apartments for an offshore company to a company incorporated in Guernsey.
- Acting in the acquisition of a £28.8 million London Hotel in a transaction which involved a company acquisition, multiple jurisdictions and a simultaneous leaseback.
- Acting for a company based in Qatar in the purchase of a Guernsey based company to effect the transfer of freehold land of the value of £11,000,000.00 (Eleven Million Pounds).
- Acting for a company based in Qatar in the purchase of a company based in the BVI and its subsidiaries to effect the Purchase of a Hotel, with the assistance of Islamic finance, of the value of £10,000,000.00 (Ten Million Pounds).
- Acting for a seller in the sale of a £5,350,000.00 property in Marble Arch which involved a 4 way contract race which completed within two weeks of instruction.
- Acting in the refinancing of three offshore companies, involving the Isle of Man and Gibraltar for the value of £11,000,000.00 (Eleven Million Pounds).
- Acting in the refinancing of an offshore company incorporated in the Isle of Man in respect of its property portfolio comprising of 10 investment properties to the value of £10,500,000.00.
- Acting for a Gibraltar company in the sale of a mansion block in Chelsea at a price of £7,100,000.00.
- Acting for a Bahamas based company in the sale of freehold property subject to planning permission to include a put option in the event of planning permission not being granted.
- Acting for an offshore company in the refinance of its property portfolio of 12 commercial properties to the value of £10,500,000.00.
- Acting for a high net worth investor in the exchange and completion on an investment property in on Edgware Road London W1 in five working days at a price of £2,500,000.00.
Simon Lawrence's Recommendations
‘Excellent, professional service.’
'As always excellent service by Simon Lawrence.'
'The best man working for you. Simon Lawrence is very good at his job.'
Simon has been excellent throughout our dealing with him, I could not have found a better solicitor, we would definitely use your firm in the future.
‘Always provides exceptional service' – The Legal 500 2019
Simon Lawrence, who frequently leads on deals, is ‘calm, knowledgeable and impressively speedy’ as well as ‘highly sought after for his expertise in development and hotels’. – The Legal 500 2017
The ‘super-reliable’ Simon Lawrence was particularly active and advised on a number of high-value deals in the hotels and leisure sector. - The Legal 500 2016
Simon Lawrence 'handled some key matters in 2014 for Ronald Fletcher Baker LLP, including work for expanding Lebanese restaurant chain Comptoir Libanais' - The Legal 500 2015
‘Excellent communication skills' Legal 500 2014
'commercially aware', 'very experienced’ The 2013 Legal 500