Olga Gutovska is the Head of the EMEA Desk at Ronald Fletcher Baker LLP, based in the City Office.
Olga has a great deal of experience in high-profile cross-border commercial projects across both Europe and the Middle East. Prior to joining Ronald Fletcher Baker LLP, she regularly advised on complex cross-border deals and disputes as the managing partner of her own boutique law firm.
Olga specialises in complex cross-border deals and disputes. She acts as strategic advisor to her clients. She supervises and project manages teams of lawyers in different jurisdictions, and negotiates with investors, governments, and multinationals. Olga advises on business expansions to multiple jurisdictions, investment, multi-party ventures and projects. Olga’s clients include private investors, companies, and families as well as ultra high net worth individuals, celebrities and innovators.
Olga’s experience includes advising on:
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Joint ventures
- Industrial joint ventures including those in Egypt, Italy, Poland, and Ukraine
- Corporate structuring in Europe and former Soviet Union
- Advising on the Qatari embargo
- Advising on the Crimean occupation and the Donbass conflict
- Structuring and delivery of 5-parties industrial 100-million GBP JV in Poland for private client
- Recovery and rescue of 52-million GBP investment of a private client, jeopardised by Qatar embargo
- Establishing an operating structure in the Eastern European market for a major US tech investor
- Advice on participation in the Chernobyl redevelopment megaproject in Ukraine
- Recovery of investment from Crimea
- Advice on one of the first private firearms manufacturing business in Eastern Europe
- Structuring and delivery of 4-parties industrial JV in Italy for a private client
- Advice on EU expansion of publishing business in Ukraine
- Relocation of tech business to Estonia for a private investor
Clients say about Olga:
- “delivering the best result”
- “Very knowledgeable and persistent, a winner lawyer”
- “Olga Gutovska is extremely efficient and hard working”
- “offers great solutions”
- “truly understands the needs of her clients”
- “meticulous and visionary at the same time”
- “Very efficient and result-oriented approach”
- “very well connected and professional”
- “the work done by Olga Gutovska allowed to avoid disputes, save a substantial amount of money and get a clear picture of the market. I like the honesty and complex approach. She shows you the picture as it is, clearly explaining the risks, and then offers a range of solutions to achieve the best result”
- “I must say that having an advisor with truly international paradigm and such a level of responsibility is priceless. Having Olga representing interests of my family is a great relief: I can be absolutely confident that maximum to protect the investment, negotiate the best contract and comply with legislative requirements is done”
Olga was a founder of the Legal Advice Centre NGO, which provided free legal advice, both primary and litigation, to more than 5000 disadvantaged members of society in 2014 in Ukraine. She is also a founder of The 99 Club, which is an initiative supporting gifted children in Ukraine.
Olga has extensively supported legislative initiatives and civil society development in Ukraine. Olga has advised on and developed more than 40 legislative initiatives. She also served as head of special committee on internally displaced persons issues and developed a set of measures to secure their rights. Olga has also represented her clients in civil, administrative and commercial courts in Ukraine.
Olga is fluent in the following languages:
French, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian
Direct Dial: +44 20 3955 7797