What you should do if you have received a notice of a complaint from your regulator
- Do not ignore the notice.
- Do not ignore deadlines for any reply set out in the correspondence.
- Do not kid yourself the complaint will go away if ignored (most regulators make it a separate disciplinary offence to fail to co-operate or deal with correspondence).
- Do check whether you are insured or have some other form of cover through your defence union or professional body.
- Do retain all documents you receive relating to the complaint and any other material which could be relevant.
- Do Seek advice either through your union, defence union, professional or trade organisation or through lawyers experienced in the field.